|| 1 Installation
1. Break out the YES ONE Sim Card from the plastic card.
2. Insert the SIM Card in your GSM phone.
3. Switch your phone on (ensuring your battery is charged).
4. If you are prompted to select your location, select "Prime" when in Italy or England (UK), "USA" when in the USA or select "Global" when in any other country. Ignore all other options. "*" indicates the current setting.
Note: For YES ONE Sim to function properly, your mobile phone must be SIM unlocked. When you purchased the phone from your mobile telecom operator, the operator may have “locked” your phone to prevent its use with other mobile operators’ SIM cards. Consult the vendor of the mobile phone to get it unlocked.
2 Making Calls
YES ONE Sim uses call back operation to make outgoing calls. Generally call back operation works like this:
1. The caller initiates the call by sending the call back number and the destination number to the service provider somehow.
2. The service provider calls the caller at the call back number.
3. The caller answers the call.
4. The service provider plays a prompt asking the caller to hold or informing the balance.
5. The service provider calls the destination number and connects the two calls together.
The YES ONE Sim service can be configured to call back to the YES ONE Sim or to any other phone or SIM.
Using the YES ONE Sim to receive the call back call
The YES ONE Sim will carry the call while roaming.
The default call back number of the YES ONE Sim is its phone number.
1. Key in the number you wish to call. Use the format
+DestinationNumber# , where DestinationNumber is . For example, +1305xxxxxxx#.
2. After dialing the number, there will be a slight pause, as the YES ONE Sim service rings you back to connect your call. Answer the call normally.
Ignore any error messages the phone may display during this process.
3. Wait a moment for the call to be connected to the destination.
Note: If you had previously set the call back number for a trigger call, you need to set the YES ONE Sim's phone number or alias phone number as the new call back number before making a call.
Using another phone or another SIM in a dual SIM phone to receive the call back call
The YES ONE Sim can be used to TRIGGER (initiate) calls with call back to another phone or SIM instead of to itself. This is useful when you travel to a location where you have access to a phone or SIM that can receive calls at low or zero cost, and this phone or SIM may be used to receive the call back call. You can register the call back number by dialing a command on the YES ONE Sim. The cost of the call back leg would be the cost for the YES ONE Sim service to call that phone or SIM plus the cost to receive a call on that phone or SIM. This may be less than the cost to receive the call back call on the YES ONE Sim. You can use the Rate Tables provided for the YES ONE Sim to check which way is more economical.
1. Key in the number you wish to call. Use the format +CallBackNumber*DestinationNumber# where CallBackNumber is of the phone or SIM where you want to be called back, and DestinationNumber is of the person you wish to call. For example, +1305xxxxxxx*1305xxxxxxx#.
2. When the YES ONE Sim service calls your phone or SIM, answer the call normally. Ignore any error messages the phone may display during this process.
3. Wait a moment for the call to be connected to the destination.
If you want to receive the call back call at a hotel room, use +HotelPhoneNumber*RoomNumber*DestinationNumber#, and the YES ONE Sim system will play "Please connect this call to "room number" when it calls the hotel. The call back number setting remains in effect until you set a new call back number. So the next time you want to make a call with call back to the current call back number, you can just dial in the format +DestinationNumber#, and the system will look up the last call back number automatically.
Summary of dialing formats
+CallBackNumber*DestinationNumber#: This sets the CallBackNumber as the registered call back number and then initiates the call to the CallBackNumber and the call to the DestinationNumber.
+DestinationNumber#: This initiates the call to the registered CallBackNumber and the call to the DestinationNumber. (The default registered CallBack Number is the YES ONE Sim's phone number.)
+CallBackNumber*#: This sets the CallBackNumber as the registered number. This is useful in case you arrive in a new country and want to receive calls now but not make calls yet.
+CallBackNumber*ExtensionNumber*DestinationNumber#: This sets the CallBackNumber and ExtensionNumber as the registered call back number and then initiates the call to the CallBackNumber, plays "Please connect this call to "yor extension number", and initiates the call to the Destination Number.
+CallBackNumber*ExtensionNumber*#: This sets the CallBackNumber and Extension Number as the registered number.
3 Receiving Calls
The SIM's phone number is a UK-based phone number. You can dial "+133#", and a message containing the UK phone number will be returned to your mobile phone.
If the SIM is equipped with a USA profile, you can dial "+160#", and a message containing the SIM's USA phone number will be returned to your mobile phone. The USA number remains assigned to the SIM as long as it registers on the network at least once every 60 days. If the SIM is not active on the network for 60 days, the USA number is recycled. If the USA number is recycled, dial "+160#" to get a new one.
The SIM may also have an alias phone number of a country other than UK or USA.
Calls can be received on the UK number, USA number, or alias number. It does not matter which profile is active. Note*: There is additional cost for receiving calls on the USA number and alias number. Please check the Rate Table to see which way is more economical.
The YES ONE Sim service routes the incoming call to your registered call back number, which may be the SIM phone number or another phone. This function can be considered as a call forwarding function. People just need to remember your SIM's phone number and can reach you at any number that you want to forward it to.
Note*: There is additonal charge for receiving calls on the alias phone numbers. US$0.03 /minute is added to the standard incoming rate.
Incoming calls are directed to voicemail when there is no answer or when the YES ONE Sim is out of range or the phone is off.
To listen to voicemail:
1. Call +14168402537 (Voicemail No. Send to you with the YES ONE1 Sim card) from the YES ONE Sim or any other phone.
2. When prompted with "Mailbox?", input the YES ONE Sim's phone number and #.
3. When prompted with "Password?", input the last four digits of the YES ONE Sim serial number and #.
4. When prompted with "You have x new messages", press 1 for new messages.
5. Follow the prompts.
5 SMS Messages
Give the YES ONE Sim's phone number (not alias phone number) to anyone you wish to have send messages to you. Use the format +DestinationNumber to send SMS messages.
6 Checking Account Balance
Dial *108# to check your account balance.
7 Recharging Your Account
You can purchase additional credit from the YES ONE Sim vendor or recharge directly from your online YES ONE management with your Paypal account.
8 Viewing Call Records and Other Account Information
Login at http://yesone.yes-tel.net with username = [YES ONE Sim's phone number] and password = [YES ONE Sim's PIN if there is a PIN or the last four digits of the serial number if there is no PIN] to see the call records and account details and rates.
1. Confirm that the YES ONE Sim service is available in your location. See the rate table for the list of countries where the YES ONE Sim service can be used.
2. Confirm that the YES ONE Sim can register on the network. If not, it could have been deactivated due to zero account balance. Confirm that your account has enough money to make calls.
3. Confirm that you dialed +DestinationNumber#. (DestinationNumber = ). Do not use international prefix such as 00 or 011.
4. Select another network manually. Note that different networks in a country may have different rates.
How to configure YES ONE voicemail:
+122# Enable voicemail
+123# Disable voicemail
+122xx# Set the number of seconds before voicemail starts, such as +12235# Sample for 35 seconds.
Data is charged in increments of a minimum of 10 kB, depends on data networks.
Rates are in US$.
Rates are subject to change.
Configuration: Use Prime profile in Italy and United Kingdom, and use Global profile in the rest of the world. Set the APN as "mobiledata". Username and password are not needed.