GSM/GPRS & GPS DATA
The compact protection, surveillance and alarm device
TWIG Locator is a newly developed, small and light weight GSM/GPRS/GPS unit designed for personal protection and asset tracking and surveillance.
The TWIG Locator has been designed based on requirements for a compact GPS device which can be used for security and surveillance purposes. It has been specifically designed to be portable and rugged allowing it to be used in avariety of ways including surveillance, personal protection, and asset protection such as the tracking of vehicles and boats.
The unit is small, fitting into the palm of the hand, but is still packed with useful features such as TWIG Alert. When the “Alert” button is pushed the device immediately sends information on the units position, direction and speed to a designated contact and establishes a one way communication channel – an invaluable feature for personal protection.
The size of the unit also makes it ideal for monitoring and surveying the position of vehicles and machinery such as cars, caravans and boats. The unit can be discreetly hidden in a vehicle and using the “geo-fencing” function an automatic alarm transmission is activated if the vehicle moves beyond predetermined boundaries set by the user. The alarm is an SMS sent to two designated phone numbers with information about the object, its position, whether it is still moving and its direction and speed.
Additionally the GSM functionality means it is possible to call the unit and establish a one way communication channel. The TWIG Locator can also be tracked, either online from the EX4U eLogistics Online internet services platform, or on the move from other TWIG devices such as the Twig Discovery.
Areas of use
Locator is adapted and intended for several areas of use:
- Personal protection
- Personal surveillance
- Anchor alarm & tracking
Locator can send an alarm automatically in case of theft if the anchor alarm function is used. The alarm is sent as an SMS to at least two different, selectable phone numbers. The SMS contains alarm information about the object and if the object is moving. Information about position, direction and speed can be obtained. You can also call the Locator and listen-in.
When used for personal protection the panic button can be pressed at anytime and information about position, direction and speed is sent immediately to a predefined number and a one way communication is established.
EX4U eLogistics Online allows you to track TWIG users anywhere in the world.
The internet interface allows friends and familyto track and locate someone carrying the TWIG locator via any web browser, providing them with peace of mind as to their location and current status.
Subscribe your TWIG Locator with EX4U eLogistics Online.
Position surveillance ofvehicles and boats
The Locator can be used for position surveillance of vehicles e.g. cars, caravans, machinery and boats. The Locator is hidden in the vehicle and is activated for automatic alarm transmission ifthe vehicle is moved more than e.g. 50 meters (Anchor Alarm).
When the vehicle is moving you can receive continuous information about position, direction and speed.
- The Locator can be carried or stored discreetly An external alarm extension button can be connected
- Placing a call to the Locator will give an updated position as well as establish a one way communication
- Positions can be requested at anytime
Compatible to all twig products
Locator can communicate with all TWIG devices and back end systems using MPTP (Mobile Phone Telematics Protocol).
The Locator is built shock proof and conforms with IP54 standard. On the upper part of the casing there are three buttons and three LED's.
Two dedicated jack points provide connection to:
- Mini USB connector:
- for programming
- for external buttons
- for NMEA output
- Charging connector
- Shock proof case
- Water proof (IP54)
- Three press buttons
- Power on/Off
- Indicator LED's
|FULLY INTEGRATED GPS DEVICE (* Network Dependent)
- Weight/Volume: 103 g / 87 cc incl. battery
- Dimensions: 26 x 45 x 75 mm
- Built-In GSM / GPS antenna
- Tri-BandE-GSM 900/DCS 1800/PCS 1900 Mhz
- Tri-BandE-GSM 850/DCS 1800/PCS 1900 Mhz
- Audio: internal microphone (listen on function)
- Standard battery: Li-Ion type / 1000 mAh
- Listen-in time*: up to 7 h
- Standby time*: up to 120 h
- Internal memory 4kb
- 12 channels high performance receiver
- Frequency L1, 1575,42 MHZ
- Accuracy Open sky ~5m = 95% of the time
- Acquisition Rate (Open sky, receiver stationary)
- Cold Start 45 s (typical)
- Warm Start 38 s (typical)
- Snap Start 2-8 s (typical)
Advanced power saving methods by 6 different GPS fix intervals. GPS fix intervals can be configured separately.
- Reacquisition 1s (typical)
BATTERY (Network Dependent)
- Standard battery Li-Ion 1000 mAh
- Optional battery3) Li-ion 1700mAh
- Stand-by time 2) up to 120 h
- Listen-in time 2) up to 7 h
- GPS op. Time 2) up to 85 h
- Charging time < 2 h for 100%
- 3 led indicators (GSM, GPS, Status)
- 3 push buttons (on/off, anchor & panic functions)
EXTERNAL CONNECTIONS in MiniUSB
- Emergency or Anchor button
- Anchor alarm and tracking
- Subject to local and network conditions, as well as applications running and required GPS performance; optional 1700 mAh battery sold as accessory
SUPPORTED MPTP COMMANDS
- Suction Pad Mounting Kit with Cradle & Car Charger
- Complex and simple Tracking requests: ?TRC, ?TRS & ?TRG
SALES CARTON BOX, CONENTS
- Over the air configuration messages
- User manual and programming tool CD
Note: EX4U reserves all rights to make changes without notice.
|TWIG Configuration Guide (sample configuration)
|Back to TWIG Back to Products