| IRIDIUM AIRSAT 1
What is it?
The AIRSAT 1 Single Channel Satellite Communications System revolutionizes satellite communications service for private aircraft. For owners - operators of light aircraft, communication options have been limited - until now. AIRSAT 1 provides two-way communications over a single digital channel via Iridium's global satellite system.
Why do you need it?
Any equipped aircraft, flying over any point onthe globe, can now communicate with the ground or with any other Iridium equipped aircraft.
A single box system, AIRSAT 1 comprises an Iridium Transceiver Unit, advanced digital handset, and a low-gain, top-mounted ARINC 761 blade antenna. AIRSAT 1 weighs 15 lbs and can be installed on aircraft of virtually any type.
AIRSAT 1 provides high-quality voice communication, enhanced with GSM telephone capabilities such as voice mail and call forwarding as part of our standard Iridium subscriber package.
For the first time, establishing reliable voice contact from small aircraft is as easy as dialing a telephone. In addition, you and your passengers enjoy global accessibility and two-way communication from anywhere in the air to anywhere on the ground.
Standard Iridium Subscriber Services
- Voice Calls (Two-way)
- One Number calling to the Aircraft
- Voice Mail
- Call Forwarding
- Stored Phone Numbers
- Digital GSM technology to offer a full portfolio of services, including worldwide messaging, voice mail and call forwarding.
- One number up- or down-calling to save time
- Single-number paging for added convenience
- Light, compact design to reduce weight and space requirements
- Designed specifically for airborne use, offering cabin communications
- Significantly lower acquisition cost than traditional Satcom systems
- Substantially lower airtime cost than traditional Satcom systems
- Simplified installation reduces cost and aircraft downtime
- Uses the Iridium satellite network for superior call clarity and advanced capability
- Provides growth capacity to add new features
- Frequency Range: 1616-1626.5 MHz
- Modulation: QPSK
- Temperature Range: -20° to + 60° C.
- Operation: Full Duplex System
- Weight: <15 lbs.
- Iridium Transceiver Unit:
- Dimensions: 12.52 in. L x 3.56 in. W x 7.64 in. H
- (Note: The IridiumTransceiver Unit can be placed vertically in an avionics rack, or horizontally for flange mounting.)
- RF Output Impedance: 50 Ohms
- RF Power Output: 6 Watts (max.)
- Type: ARINC 761, omni directional above 8° elevation
- Dimensions: 11.0 in. L x 4.25 in. W x 4.75 in. H